Thứ Hai, 2 tháng 5, 2011

A pleasant muddy experience

Finally got to sleep in for a change, and it felt bloody good!

I went to a nearby cafe for brunch, then got on a taxi to go to the Thap Ba Centre (mud bath & hot spring!) for some pampering. Entrance fee was surprisingly cheap!
After getting changed and placing everything in a locker, I went for a quick mineral shower before I was shown into one of the many bath tubs that was filling up with mud. 4 women from Australia and 1 guy from England were also shown into the same one, so the six of us enjoyed the experience together. After 15 minutes, we were told to get out, and let the mud set before washing it off. After 10 minutes of trying to let the mud dry (we had warm weather, but with overcast), I stood under the mineral shower for about 5 minutes. Next stop was a 3-minute hydrotherapy hot spring session, followed by a warm mineral bath (to open up the pores!) in a tub I was sharing with some Vietnamese. After 15 minutes, my skin was going all mushy, so I left the tub. Though, despite the mushy skin, I decided to stand under a warm mineral waterfall for a few minutes. The last thing to do was go for a swim in the mineral pool, but I skipped that, as I'd had enough of water by then. I spent a total of two hours at Thap Ba, but it could've easily been longer if desired.
I took a taxi back to the hotel, and on the way I kept stroking my skin which felt sooo soft & well taken care of :)
 

          Later, I got ready to go for dinner at the same restaurant I went to 2 nights ago. After placing my order, a group of 5 Vietnamese at the table next to mine invited me to sit with them, which I did :)
They didn't speak any English, and I don't speak any Vietnamese, so we had a ball trying to communicate with hand gestures and sounds. Because of the language barrier, there wasn't much content, but we (or at least I) had fun. Every once in a while one of them offered me a muscle, but I just reminded them that I was "chay" (a vegetarian). One of the guys held his bowl out and indicated he wanted to try some of my food (probably to see what this "vegetarian" fuss is all about), so I put some in his bowl, and he seemed to like it :)
All was good, but I did feel terrible when I knocked a beer bottle with my chop sticks and spilled beer all over the leg of the guy sitting next to me. He was very nice about it though & indicated I shouldn't feel sorry.
After paying for my bill, I left them, waived good-bye and walked back to the hotel with a smile on my face
.
WELLCOME TO NHA TRANG BAY.

               CONTENT AND PHOTOS, FROM INTERNET CITATION
ADENZ, FROM NHA TRANG BAY.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét